Now that we are in mid February, most of our New Years Resolutions are a thing of the past. It’s easy to set a goal but achieving that goal is totally different. It’s almost as if achieving goals are daunting task you don’t look forward to. For this reason, I complied the top 13 ways to achieve any goal. This is a proven system and you will achieve any goal if you follow it. Challenge yourself and please share your results with me. I would love to hear from you. Congratulations in advance; I believe in you!
1. Start with the end in mind – Before you can start any task, you must be clear about what you are doing and the results you would like to achieve. Be clear.
2. Write your goal(s) daily –Every morning write your goals thanking God for already accomplishing them. Doing this not only keeps your goals at the focus of your life, it also allows you to express gratitude.
3. Break your goal down – Instead of trying to achieve large goals, break your large goals into smaller goals so that achieving them is more manageable and realistic. So instead of attempting to lose 50 pounds in 30 days, you can attempt to lose 10 -15 pounds in that same time.
4. Enlist an accountability partner (AP)- Your AP support you in achieving your goals and help keep you on track. Your AP can also be your children (mine are).
5. Find a mentor – A mentor is someone who has achieved your goal(s) and will motivate you to do the same. If you can not get a mentor, study success stories of people who accomplished your goal(s)
6. Create a system – Setting goals is not enough to achieve them. You must have a system in place that works best for you & your lifestyle, regardless of what your mentors and AP suggest. Everything is not for everyone so do whatever works best for you…. & follow it
7. Begin immediately-Making excuses & procrastination will not help you achieve your goals. Once you have completed steps 1-6 begin at once.
8. Stay Motivated- Listen to audio; watch programs and read any material daily concerning achieving the goal you desire. Again this will not only keep your focus on your goals, it will also keep you inspired when you feel like giving up.
9. Be Thankful- Regardless of what’s going on keep thanking God for having already achieved your goal each step of the way.
10. Get Back on track- If you become distracted get back on track immediately. You will if you don’t quit.
11. Reward yourself- Don’t be so hard on yourself. Okay you may not have accomplished all that you set out to accomplish today. However, if you have accomplished something today celebrate that. You are doing something new and it’s going to take time to adjust to this new habit. Periodically reward yourself for even your smallest efforts.
12. Have fun achieving your goal- If you look at achieving your goal as a task then you will dread it and not want to do it. Instead, each time you start a task, think of how you will feel once your goal is complete. This is give you keep you motivated to complete each take with enthusiasm.
13. Repeat- When you have achieved your goal Congratulations!!!!! Now create a new goal and repeat steps 1-12. Hey, if you did it once you can do it again!
So what goal will revitalize Today? If your goal is to lose weight, remember summer is only six months away. That is ample time to see some great results. I encourage you to share your revitalized goals here. Not only so that you can receive the support of the community but also so that you can encourage others to start and stay consistent. Implement these simple techniques today to revitalize your goals and you life!
Elease, Liberation LYFE Coach